COIT's Guide on How to Remove Marker from Wood
Trying hard to keep your wood floors in good condition? With the daily coming and going, your wood floors most likely experience quite a bit of wear and tear.
If this wear and tear includes marker stains, you’re probably looking for a few handy tips to answer the question of how to remove marker from wood.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood - Method # 1
When you’re getting ready to remove permanent marker from wood, follow these quick and easy steps. It’s important to try these methods on a part of the wood floor that’s not centrally visible first, as you’ll want to make sure it responds well before trying it in a high traffic area. You can also try the underside of your wooden table to see how it reacts.
- Take some isopropyl alcohol and pour a fair amount onto a clean cloth.
- Apply the cloth directly to the stain and rub until the marker stain begins to transfer.
- Rinse the affected area with water and pat dry.
Remove Permanent Marker from Wood – Method # 2
This particular method for approaching how to remove permanent marker from wood involves using handy-dandy toothpaste. That’s right – the same product you use to keep your pearly whites clean and sparkling can also help keep your wood clean and marker-free!
- Take a bit of regular toothpaste (avoid the gel kind).
- Apply the toothpaste directly onto the marker stain.
- Rub the toothpaste using a damp rag. You’ll want to rub the affected area for a few minutes until the cloth can easily slide across the wood surface.
- Rinse the rag you used with water and rub the wood surface until the toothpaste is no longer visible.
- The marker stain should no longer be there. If any marker residue remains, repeat steps 1 through 4 until the stain has disappeared completely.
Getting Rid of Permanent Marker on Wood – Method # 3
- Using nail polish remover, pour a bit of it onto the marker stain.
- Scrub the permanent marker stain using a paper towel. It should gradually begin to lift off of the wood.
Use these three at-home methods to tackle the issue of how to remove permanent marker from wood. For more advanced wood floor cleaning services, speak to a COIT representative and learn more about our hands-on, 5-step cleaning process. Also don't forget to checkout our coupons!
These are suggested treatments only and COIT can't be held accountable for any damage sustained by use of the treatments in this spot removal guide.