How to Get Hair Dye Out of Wood
If you like to dye your own hair at home, it can save you time and money you would otherwise spend at the salon, right? On the downside, it can be a bit messy sometimes when you dye your hair at home, leaving unexpected stains on your wood floors. Yikes! That’s why Coit created this do-it-yourself guide to help you when you’re removing hair dye from wood using quick and easy workarounds. Check out the recommended methods below to keep your wood floors in great shape.
How to Get Hair Dye Out of Wood – Method # 1
This first do-it-yourself solution involves using baking soda, detergent, and water.
- In a bowl, mix 2 cups of warm water, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, and 1 tablespoon of liquid dishwashing detergent together.
- Drench a clean cloth in the solution you just mixed.
- Rub the stained area of the wood floor with the cloth until the hair dye mark disappears.
How to Remove Hair Dye from Wood – Method # 2
If the hair dye stain is still visible, or if you’d like to try an alternative method to approach how to remove hair dye from wood floor, here’s another relatively easy solution. All you need is baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
- Make a paste of 1 part hydrogen peroxide and 1 part baking soda. You can do this by mixing the 2 ingredients together in a clean bowl.
- Take a clean, dry cloth and rub the hair dye stain with the mixture. Apply pressure directly onto the affected area.
- Repeat until the hair dye stain is no longer visible.
How to Get Hair Dye Out of Wood – Method # 3
The third way you can answer the question of how to remove hair dye from wood involves using lemon juice, baking soda, and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
- Once you discover the hair dye stain, try scrubbing it using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
- Should the magic eraser not do the trick, mix together equal parts lemon juice and baking soda in a bowl and make a thick paste.
- Next, spread the paste directly over the affected area of the wood floor using a cloth, sponge, or your fingers.
- Spray the area with a bit of white vinegar or water.
- Using a soft cloth, wipe the area clean with a bit of water to remove any remaining residue.
Give any of these three solutions a try to keep your wood floors looking fresh and clean. If there’s a particular stain you can’t seem to eliminate or you’d like your wood floors to experience an even deeper clean, give Coit Wood Floor Cleaning a call today. Don't forget to check our discounts!