COIT’s Guide to Feces Stain Removal
Most of us encounter unwanted stains throughout our homes that carpet cleaners can typically handle. Dirt and dust collect rather easily amidst the constant rush of daily life, so we spray a little cleaner on and a few minutes later, our home is back to looking clean.
But how do you handle a tougher stain that isn’t exactly the most pleasant to remove? If you have a new baby at home, or if your dog or cat isn’t quite potty trained, you may find yourself having to deal with poop stain removal from time to time. Not the most fun exercise in the world, right?
With COIT’s step-by-step guide, you’ll learn how to remove feces stains with a few household products.
How to Approach Feces Stain Removal
The best way to approach poop stain removal is to first make sure you know which type of surface you’re working with. If you’re wondering how to remove feces stains from carpet, for example, it’s best to know what kind of fibers your carpet has. If you’ve encountered a poop stain on an antique rug, you may want to look into professional carpet cleaning before spraying any old cleaner directly onto it.
Popular Products Used for Poop Stain Removal
Like most products on the market, there is a ton of competition when it comes to selecting a product that works best to get rid of unexpected feces stains. Here are just a few you can choose from when tackling this problem at home:
• Poop-Off All Marine Bird Poop Remover Brush Top
• Fizzion Pet Stain & Odor Remover Refill Tablets
• BlueMagic 900 Carpet Stain & Spot Lifter
• KIDS 'N' PETS Brand - Stain & Odor Remover
With countless other products to choose from, it can be a bit overwhelming when trying to decide which one to use in your home. Try picking one and testing it on the affected surface, but always be sure to follow the instructions on the bottle.
Professional Cleaning Services
Sometimes even the best cleaners and most tried and tested do-it-yourself solutions can’t quite conquer tough feces stains. To ensure your home is as clean and germ-free as possible, consider calling COIT to learn more about our expert stain removal techniques. With a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back, we’ll help you conquer tough feces stains so you can focus on enjoying a clean and healthy home.
COIT Shows You How to Clean Poop Out of Carpet
On your day off, you’re most likely interested in relaxing, kicking up your feet and doing just about anything besides working, right? So what happens if you encounter a little surprise on the carpet from your dog on a sunny Saturday morning? You may have to do a little work, but it certainly doesn’t have to throw off your weekend plans.
In this stain removal guide, COIT will answer the question of how to clean poop out of carpet by giving you step-by-step instructions about what to do.
How to Remove Feces Stains from Carpet
Here is one do-it-yourself technique to try at home when you’re wondering how to clean feces from carpet as quickly and effectively as possible.
- The first thing you want to do when wondering how to remove feces stains from carpet is figure out where it came from. If it was your dog, your cat or maybe even your little baby or toddler (it happens), make sure you clean any remaining feces off them so the stain doesn’t spread throughout the house.
- Using toilet paper or a plastic bag, remove any remaining pieces from the carpet. Make sure that the piece of toilet paper you use is dry, not wet.
- Take a moist paper towel or a baby wipe and use a pinching motion to remove any feces from the carpet fibers. Don’t worry if it starts to smear a bit on the carpet, as this is a common occurrence when tackling the question of how to clean feces from carpet.
- It’s a good idea to invest in a spray called Bac-Out that you can always have handy for these types of surprise situations. This product contains enzyme-producing cultures that get rid of bacteria that come from feces stains. Spray the affected area of the carpet until it’s damp, then let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Use a towel (definitely one that you don’t mind disposing of) to blot dry the stain. Feel free to scrub the stain if there is remaining residue that needs to be removed.
- For peace of mind that any remaining stain or odor has been removed, mix a bit of laundry detergent with warm water and apply to the area using a clean towel. Be sure to create a barrier around the area if you have a dog or cat that may be curious! This will give the area of the carpet enough time to dry.
That’s one way to approach the question of how to remove feces stains from carpet. If there are other spray or foam carpet cleaners that you’ve used to remove dirt stains, feel free to give those a try as well.
How to Clean Feces from Carpet - Summary
So the next time you’re wondering how to clean poop out of carpet, try the above mentioned techniques to keep your carpet clean, healthy and looking fresh. What’s most important is acting as soon as you discover the stain and doing your best to contain the stain in that area. If you’re looking for a more thorough refresh for your carpet that utilizes a truck-mounted cleaning system, consider using COIT carpet cleaning services to conquer even the toughest feces stains and don't forget to checkout our coupons!
Remember to always do a spot removal test on a portion of carpet or upholstery that is normally not visible. These are suggested treatments only and COIT can't be held accountable for any damage sustained by use of the treatments in this spot removal guide.