COIT's Guide on How to Remove Vomit Stains from Upholstery
Finding a vomit stain on the furniture in your home doesn’t have to bad as bad as you think. As soon as you discover it, check out this method to answer the question of how to remove vomit stains.
Whether the vomit stain comes from a pet or from a person, you can go about removing it in the same way.
- Remove as much of the remaining vomit as possible from the material. You can try spraying a small amount of water directly onto the stain to loosen it up, which may make it easier to remove.
- Sprinkle baking soda directly onto the affected area and let it sit for a few hours. The baking soda will soak up a good portion of the vomit stain over time.
- Using a vacuum attachment, vacuum the baking soda off the furniture.
- Repeat step 2, letting the second coat of baking soda sit for an additional few hours.
- After vacuuming the baking soda, pour enough club soda to cover the vomit stain directly onto the upholstery.
- Rinse the upholstery with water and a clean cloth. The vomit stain should no longer be visible.