COIT's Guide on How to Remove Water Stains from Carpet
The household carpet sees it all these days. From mud stains to wine stains to last night’s lasagna, we put our carpets through a lot on a daily basis, particularly in high-traffic areas.
Through a combination of good old fashioned do-it-yourself cleaning, along with periodic professional cleaning, we can keep our carpets looking plush and healthy.
So what do you do if you’re searching for the best way to get water out of carpet? How can you be sure you’ve removed every inch of sediment that water can leave behind? You can start by following a few tips from the experts at COIT in this step-by-step guide.
How to Get Water Stains out of Carpet – Method # 1
- The first thing you’ll want to do to answer the question of how to get water out of carpet is focus on removing any sediment or dirt that’s within your carpet’s fibers.
- To do this, mix 1 teaspoon of dishwashing soap with water in a container. Soak a clean cloth in this solution.
- Dab at the water stain gently, working from the outside edges in. Be sure you don’t aggressively rub the stain, as this can damage your carpet fibers.
- Watch the water stain gradually lift until it’s no longer visible.
Up to 50% off Residential cleaning services - Find discounts in your area!
How to Get Water Out of Carpet – Method # 2
- Pour white vinegar and warm water into a large container. Make sure you add equal parts vinegar and equal parts water.
- Using a clean cloth, apply this vinegar and water solution directly onto the water stained area of your carpet. The pH of the vinegar will help pull out the water stain from the edges.
- When you press the water stain, be sure to do so lightly. You’ll want to avoid getting the carpet too damp.
- Let the carpet dry. The water stain should gradually disappear. So the next time you find yourself wondering how to get water out of carpet, give the above-mentioned do-it-yourself methods a try. With a little elbow grease, you’ll be able to revive your carpet in no time.
Rescue Your Carpets from Advanced Water Damage
If the water stain removal challenges your carpet is facing are too big for do-it-yourself solutions, consider calling the team at COIT carpet cleaning. For over 60 years, our professionally trained technicians have been using industrial strength equipment to remove stains and revive your carpet. And with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, you can feel confident in your investment. Call today to learn more and don't forget to checkout our coupons!
These are suggested treatments only and COIT can't be held accountable for any damage sustained by use of the treatments in this spot removal guide.