COIT's Guide on How to Remove Makeup Stains from Carpet
When you’re in a hurry, it’s oh-so-easy to spill some of your powder, mascara, foundation or eye shadow onto your beautiful plush carpeting. Yikes! But there’s no use crying over spilt blush, right?
Instead of banishing all your makeup products, how should you go about removing makeup from carpet?
COIT’s guide will show you the way, step-by-step.
How to Get Makeup Out of Carpet – Method # 1
1. Upon discovering the makeup stain, it’s best to act as soon as possible. If you see any excess makeup on the surface of the carpet, carefully scoop it up with a cloth or plastic spoon. 2. For each specific makeup stain, there is a specific solution you can mix when tackling how to remove makeup stains:
- Nail polish: no-color, no fragrance non-acetone nail polish remover
- Foundation (liquid): 3% hydrogen peroxide solution
- Eye-liner and mascara: 1 cup of warm water with ¼ teaspoon of dishwashing liquid
- Lipstick: paint remove or rubbing alcohol
3. After you’ve mixed the appropriate solution based on the specific makeup type of stain you’re tackling, add a small amount of the solution to a clean white cloth. You’ll want to make sure the cloth is damp, but not completely soaked. 4. Blot the makeup stain (avoid rubbing) using the saturated cloth. It’s important to firmly blot to lift as much of the makeup residue out of the carpet as possible. 5. Repeat steps # 1-4 until the makeup stain is no longer visible. 6. After the stain has been removed, spray the affected area with water to rinse out any solution. Once the carpet is completely dry, vacuum the area.
Up to 50% off Residential cleaning services - Find discounts in your area!
How to Get Makeup Stains Out of Carpet – Method # 2
If you’re looking for a way to answer the question of how to remove makeup stains using dry cleaning fluid, follow these steps:
1. Clean any remaining makeup residue off the surface of the carpet.
2. Soak a clean cloth in a bit of dry cleaning fluid, and then apply the cloth directly to the carpet stain.
3. Let the solution soak into the carpet for about 5 minutes.
4. Blot the solution with a clean cloth to soak up any excess makeup coloring.
5. Rinse the affected area of the carpet with cold water. Repeat above listed steps until the stain is no longer visible.
How to Get Makeup Out of Carpet
Using Professional Cleaning If the above mentioned solutions don’t seem to be working as well as you’d like, consider investing in COIT’s professional carpet cleaning services. Our expert technicians will inspect your carpet to first determine the best treatment to remove dirt, dust and tough stains. Next, using commercial grade equipment, our team will extract the toughest stains, making the air you breathe in your home even healthier. Call COIT today to learn more about our 100% satisfaction guarantee and don't forget to checkout our coupons!
Remember to always do a spot removal test on a portion of carpet or upholstery that is normally not visible. These are suggested treatments only and COIT can't be held accountable for any damage sustained by use of the treatments in this spot removal guide.