COIT's Guide on How to Remove Bleach Stains from Carpet
Focused on doing laundry and accidentally spill bleach on your carpet? Though your first reaction may be “Oh no!!!” you’ll be relieved to know that there are a few ways you can tackle removing bleach stains from carpet on your own. Phew!
Take a look at COIT’s step-by-step guide for a few handy tips.
How to Get Bleach Out of Carpet – Method # 1
- As soon as you notice the bleach stain, immediately blot it with water and paper towel. Be careful not to scrub or rub the bleach, as this could worsen the stain.
- Mix ¼ tsp of mild dish soap with 1 cup of warm water.
- Pour the solution over the bleach stain and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Once the stain has dried, rub it with a cloth or sponge, working from the outside in so you don’t spread the stain.
- Rinse with cold water and dry.
How to Get Bleach Out of Carpet – Method # 2
- Mix 4 cups of warm water with 2 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Pour this solution over the stained area of your carpet.
- After letting it soak into the stain for about 5 minutes, rub the stain with a cloth or sponge. The bleach stain should gradually start to disappear.
- If the bleach stain is still visible, repeat step 4 until it’s no longer there.
- Rinse the area with cold water. The vinegar smell should eventually disappear.
How to Remove Bleach Stains from Carpet – Method # 3
- Blot the affected area of the carpet with water and paper towel as soon as you discover the bleach stain.
- Find a crayon that closely matches the color of your carpet.
- Begin to color in the carpet fibers, making sure the color is absorbed.
- Take a wet towel and gently blend the color into the carpet.
Hopefully you’ll find that one of the above-mentioned bleach stain removal methods proves successful. If you’re still having a bit of trouble getting rid of that unsightly bleach stain, you do have another option: investing in professional carpet cleaning services.
COIT Professional Carpet Cleaning
The experts at COIT Professional Carpet Cleaning have been serving customers for over 65 years. Using the industry’s most advanced technology, our team of trained technicians can tackle tough stains to bring your carpet back to life. Don't forget to checkout our coupons!
Contact a COIT representative today to set up an appointment.
Remember to always do a spot removal test on a portion of carpet or upholstery that is normally not visible. These are suggested treatments only and COIT can't be held accountable for any damage sustained by use of the treatments in this spot removal guide.