COIT’s Guide to Getting Hot Sauce Out of Carpet
Whether you’re a fan of hot sauce or live with someone who just can’t get enough, it’s certainly handy to know how to remove hot sauce from carpet. It’s one of those stains that you can’t really brush under the rug very easily. With a bright red color, there’s only one way to tackle a hot sauce stain – and that’s FAST!
With COIT’s step-by-step guide, you’ll learn how to get hot sauce out of carpet using do-it-yourself solutions. The faster you act, the higher chance you’ll have of getting rid of the stain.
Follow the methods below to get do-it-yourself results.
How to Get Hot Sauce Out of Carpet – Method # 1
Upon discovering the hot sauce stain, it’s important to act quickly to prevent it from settling into the carpet.
- Using a clean towel, press firmly on the hot sauce stain. Next, you’ll want to apply pressure by standing on the towel.
- Remove the towel from the stain. Using a spray bottle, spray the affected area with a mixture of 50% vinegar, 50% water.
- Press a clean part of the towel directly onto the carpet. Again, apply pressure by standing on top of the towel.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the hot sauce stain starts to gradually lighten and disappear. Remember to use a clean part of the towel each time to prevent the stain from spreading.
How to Remove Hot Sauce from Carpet – Method # 2
- Using a white napkin, paper towel or cloth towel, blot up any remaining hot sauce as quickly as possible. This will keep it from settling deeper into your carpet.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid with 2 cups of warm water.
- Using a clean white cloth that’s soaked in the solution, sponge the hot sauce stain by applying continuous pressure.
- Continue applying pressure – repeat steps 2 and 3 until the hot sauce stain gradually disappears.
- Using another clean white towel soaked in cold water, rinse the area of the carpet. Blot dry with a dry towel.
Removing Hot Sauce from Carpet with Professional Cleaning
If the above mentioned methods don’t seem to effectively remove the hot sauce, consider investing in COIT professional carpet cleaning.
Our team of trained technicians will use commercial-grade equipment to give your carpets the deepest clean possible. We can pay special attention to high traffic areas that may contain tough stains, going far beyond the power of any household carpet cleaners. To learn more about our services, call COIT today and don't forget to checkout our coupons!
Remember to always do a spot removal test on a portion of carpet or upholstery that is normally not visible. These are suggested treatments only and COIT can't be held accountable for any damage sustained by use of the treatments in this spot removal guide.