COIT's guide to Removing Beer Stains from Carpet
Whether you’re enjoying a cold beer after a long day or throwing a barbecue for friends and family, it’s difficult to predict when you’ll accidentally spill something on your carpet, right?
If you happen to run into an unexpected beer stain, don’t panic – there are a few at home remedies you can try when you’re wondering how to get beer stains out of carpet. With COIT’s step-by-step guide, your carpet can withstand a few spills and still look plush and clean.
How to Get Beer Out of Carpet – Method # 1
- Using paper towels or a towel, soak up as much of the beer stain as you can, as quickly as you can. This will prevent the beer from being absorbed into the carpet.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of white vinegar and 1 tablespoon of liquid dishwashing detergent with 2 cups of warm water.
- Using a sponge that’s soaked in this solution, work from the outside of the stain in, blotting the affected area of the carpet. The beer stain should begin to gradually disappear.
- To remove any remaining vinegar, sponge the carpet with cold water and pat dry using a towel.
Remove Beer Stain from Carpet – Method # 2
- As soon as you discover the beer stain, be sure to clean up as much of the liquid as possible using a dry towel.
- Using Woolite carpet spray cleaner, spray the foam onto the affected area of the carpet.
- Dry with a clean towel after letting the solution sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Vacuum the carpet to remove any remaining residue.
Remove Beer Stain from Carpet – Method # 3
Finally, you can try this third do-it-yourself method to keep your carpet beer-stain free.
- After soaking up any remaining liquid using a clean towel, take a fair amount of baking soda and sprinkle it directly on the beer stain. You’ll want to make sure the entire surface area of the beer stain is covered.
- Leave the baking soda to sit on top of the beer stain for 24 hours. This will help soak up any remaining smell that the beer may leave behind. 4. After 24 hours, vacuum up the baking soda. The beer stain should no longer be visible.
So there you have it – a few easy ways to approach the question of how to get beer out of carpet. If you’re looking for professional assistance to keep your carpets looking their best, consider calling COIT to learn more about our deep cleaning treatments and don't forget to checkout our coupons!
Remember to always do a spot removal test on a portion of carpet or upholstery that is normally not visible. These are suggested treatments only and COIT can't be held accountable for any damage sustained by use of the treatments in this spot removal guide.