COIT’s Guide: How to Remove Lipstick from Carpet
Amidst the stop and go of our active daily lives, it’s very difficult to keep carpets looking brand new. Food stains, dirt stains and cosmetics stains are often a part of daily life. But with some simple do-it-yourself techniques, COIT will show you how to remove lipstick from carpet.
How to Remove Lipstick from Carpet – Method # 1
No one plans to get lipstick on your carpet, but unfortunately, it happens, right? When it does, there’s no need to panic. Follow the steps below to learn more about this do-it-yourself technique.
Like most stains you find on your carpet, it’s important to act as soon as you discover the stain. The sooner you can get to work, the better.
- With an old cloth, apply Goo Gone directly onto the lipstick stain and press into the carpet. When you’re removing lipstick from carpet, Goo Gone is definitely handy to keep with your cleaning supplies.
- You’ll start to see the lipstick stain come off the carpet and onto the cloth. Keep repeating this until the cloth gradually beings to absorb the color. Dry cleaning fluid can also be used if Goo Gone isn’t something you have handy.
- Next, mix about ¼ cup of dish soap with warm water and fabric cleaner.
- Blot the stain with a rag soaked in this solution to remove any remaining lipstick stain. Using warm water is important when you’re wondering how to clean lipstick from carpet.
The lipstick stain should lift off the carpet after you try this technique. If you seem to be having trouble with this method, here’s another do-it-yourself option to consider when answering the question of how to remove lipstick from carpet or get Up to 50% off Residential cleaning services - Find discounts in your area!
Removing Lipstick from Carpet – Method # 2
- Using a damp cloth soaked in water, blot the lipstick stain and try to absorb any residue as quickly as possible.
- If you have an all-purpose stain remover, make sure it has a grease remover element in it. Lipstick contains grease, so you’ll want to make sure it can handle this type of stain. Spray the stain remover onto the affected area.
- After using a damp cloth and a stain remover, you should see the lipstick stain transfer onto the cloth and off the carpet. If you don’t, try pouring rubbing alcohol directly onto a sponge, and then apply onto the lipstick stain. There’s one additional step left to take when you’re wondering how to remove lipstick from carpet.
- Mix warm water with powdered laundry detergent. Make this mixture into a paste and wipe the carpet with it using a cloth.
- After the lipstick stain has lifted off the carpet, use a new cloth that’s damp and thoroughly clean the affected area with water and a clean towel.
The next time you’re at home and it’s time to think about how to clean lipstick from carpet, give the above mentioned techniques a try.
If you’re working with a particularly stubborn lipstick stain that just won’t budge, consider calling COIT carpet cleaning services. Using professional equipment and offering a 100% satisfaction guarantee, lipstick stains on your carpet will be ancient history. Don't forget to checkout our coupons!
Remember to always do a spot removal test on a portion of carpet or upholstery that is normally not visible. These are suggested treatments only and COIT can't be held accountable for any damage sustained by use of the treatments in this spot removal guide.