COIT Shows You How to Clean Poop Out of Carpet
On your day off, you’re most likely interested in relaxing, kicking up your feet and doing just about anything besides working, right? So what happens if you encounter a little surprise on the carpet from your dog on a sunny Saturday morning? You may have to do a little work, but it certainly doesn’t have to throw off your weekend plans.
In this stain removal guide, COIT will answer the question of how to clean poop out of carpet by giving you step-by-step instructions about what to do.
How to Remove Feces Stains from Carpet
Here is one do-it-yourself technique to try at home when you’re wondering how to clean feces from carpet as quickly and effectively as possible.
- The first thing you want to do when wondering how to remove feces stains from carpet is figure out where it came from. If it was your dog, your cat or maybe even your little baby or toddler (it happens), make sure you clean any remaining feces off them so the stain doesn’t spread throughout the house.
- Using toilet paper or a plastic bag, remove any remaining pieces from the carpet. Make sure that the piece of toilet paper you use is dry, not wet.
- Take a moist paper towel or a baby wipe and use a pinching motion to remove any feces from the carpet fibers. Don’t worry if it starts to smear a bit on the carpet, as this is a common occurrence when tackling the question of how to clean feces from carpet.
- It’s a good idea to invest in a spray called Bac-Out that you can always have handy for these types of surprise situations. This product contains enzyme-producing cultures that get rid of bacteria that come from feces stains. Spray the affected area of the carpet until it’s damp, then let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Use a towel (definitely one that you don’t mind disposing of) to blot dry the stain. Feel free to scrub the stain if there is remaining residue that needs to be removed.
- For peace of mind that any remaining stain or odor has been removed, mix a bit of laundry detergent with warm water and apply to the area using a clean towel. Be sure to create a barrier around the area if you have a dog or cat that may be curious! This will give the area of the carpet enough time to dry.
That’s one way to approach the question of how to remove feces stains from carpet. If there are other spray or foam carpet cleaners that you’ve used to remove dirt stains, feel free to give those a try as well.
How to Clean Feces from Carpet - Summary
So the next time you’re wondering how to clean poop out of carpet, try the above mentioned techniques to keep your carpet clean, healthy and looking fresh. What’s most important is acting as soon as you discover the stain and doing your best to contain the stain in that area. If you’re looking for a more thorough refresh for your carpet that utilizes a truck-mounted cleaning system, consider using COIT carpet cleaning services to conquer even the toughest feces stains and don't forget to checkout our coupons!
Remember to always do a spot removal test on a portion of carpet or upholstery that is normally not visible. These are suggested treatments only and COIT can't be held accountable for any damage sustained by use of the treatments in this spot removal guide.